Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Traditions

For Easter, we make orange pie.
Here's the story behind it: The year we got engaged, we had a lively discussion with my parents about fruit pies and we all agreed that oranges were sadly left out of the whole fruit pie scene and wondered why. So, my mom and I baked no less than 4 pies that weekend, trying to figure out the best recipe for orange pie. We used navel oranges, mandarin oranges, jello and cool whip pies, etc. and had a lot of fun doing it! So every year for Easter, Eric & I have orange pie. It's our own little family tradition and it's just a fun thing! :)
Amy Gruetzmacher


As a little girl, I remember listening to a favorite Easter record on the "Handy Boys blue record player". I was blessed with memories from extended family of coloring dozens upon dozens of Easter eggs with my cousins, many of which we hand selected from my Grandparent's chicken coup.
We are now starting some traditions with our little ones, including coloring eggs and learning favorite hymns. What a wonderful time of year. He is risen; He is risen indeed!!!
Summer Forness

Easter egg coloring and finding our hidden Easter baskets Sunday morning were always traditions growing up. We plan on continuing the tradition in our house. We have added sharing the Easter story with the little ones and lots of singing!
Jessica DeGraff

No comments:

Post a Comment